How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35074
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HALLO. Here I am, part of a co-habiting couple past

This answer was rated:

HALLO. Here I am, part of a co-habiting couple past twenty query, "What land Registry form do I need to register a financial interest in a registered property that is my home", mortgage fully paid by my female partner, considerable extension and internal improvement paid for, and executed, by myself. Materials and services I can account approx. 20K. Not attempting to mention worktime. I am aware that they will notify my partner of any application. While we are both still amiable with each other, I notice a certain battyness creeping in as she gets older.... My aim by registering is to be able at least to become aware of any capricious sale, or borrowing she may attempt, to have time to deal with such events. I have been studying Land Registry PG19 &20, but they refer specifically to Married/Civil Partnerships, as far as I can see. Thank you attention.........Best Regards, ***** *****

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
- are you still living together?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

of course, we are living together, on the basis of "lets make a life together", last twenty years. As I asked, what paperwork do I need to register an interest, charge, or whatever, with the land registry so that anyone anticipating a purchase of the property realises my interest, and I am made aware of the fact that a purchase or borrowing is mooted. I understand the difference between agreed and unilateral declarations.....I need to lodge a claim that results in me being informed of any attempt at sale. Currently under the impression that if I lodge a unilateral claim it will be scrutinised, adjudicated, when my partner is made aware/ becomes aware of it. Thats OK with me.

The form you need depends on the claim that you are intending to make.
I assume that if it comes to it then you will be making a claim that you have a Beneficial interest in the property based on an implied or Constructive trust.
On that basis you have to complete an RX1 and seek to register a Restriction rather than a Notice.
You are Registering standard wording II
I hope that this is of assistance
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"CLARE"......Thank you. RX1 was one of the options I perceived, UN1 the other. I depart, not unsatisfied. Very Best Regards.....Malcolm Huff.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
In the event that matters do not go well you may find this article of interest