How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have issued an N1 in the small claims court against a bank

Customer Question

I have issued an N1 in the small claims court against a bank charges. I now wish to issue an N1 against incorrect charges against the banks receivers, will I be allowed to by the court?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,
Alex Watts : Yes.
Alex Watts : You need to apply to amend the proceedings and add the Receivers as second defendant
Alex Watts : If you issue a new N1 then it will just be consolidated
Alex Watts : So apply to amend the proceedings
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Customer :

ok, so I have already entered an N1 against the bank for £10K

Customer :

the receivers costs are another £15K

Customer :

there's no way I can enter another £10K against them personally

Customer :


Alex Watts : You can amend your claim to increase it to recover the £15,000 too
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer :

but then it won't be covered by the small claims will it?

Customer :

what I mean is, its free upto £10K

Alex Watts : Correct.
Alex Watts : it will not be a small claim.
Customer :

are you still there?

Alex Watts : Yes. Although I am on and offline as on the train.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: