How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

40 year old Chinese lady 8 years in uk as over stayer, how

This answer was rated:

40 year old Chinese lady 8 years in uk as over stayer, how to get legal visa/passport
, thank you question, I will be happy to help you today
Does she have any children in the uk?
Is she married to a British national?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Children in the UK, & is NOT married to British national, she would like someway of staying in the UK legally, without chancing being sent home.

Thank you reply.
As you can appreciate the home office is very strict on applications received by over stayers. The home office only considers granting individuals who are overstayers leave to remain in the UK if they have compassionate and compelling circumstances warranting the grant of leave or that such circumstances exist in their home counrty which means that their return to their home country would have an adverse effect on them.
The compelling and compassionate circumstances would exist if she had children in the UK attending school or a husband and her being denied permission to remain in the UK would be a breach of their right to family life. In this individuals case, she has neither and therefore her links with the UK are not strong, regardless of the period of time she may have spent here, the home office would view the fact that she has spend the majority of her life in China and therefore she would not have any difficulty in returning to her home country.
If she really believes that she should be granted permission to legalise her stay in the UK on the basis she can no longer return to China and the fact that she may have friends in the UK and her returning to her home country would mean a breach of her private life then, she can submit an application leave to remain using form FLR FP, please see the following link:
As already mentioned, i believe it will be very difficult to be issued with permission to remain in the UK and she would be required to return home and obtain the correct visa and return back to the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you