How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

5 years ago I got paid out personal accident claim.

This answer was rated:

5 years ago I got paid out personal accident claim. my wife was a part 22 claim against her.
At the time i got paid 100% compensation by the insurers but paid back the 30% as my wife had no money to pay the insurers back and we didnt want it tying to the house
We are now seperated can I claim this money back off my wife?

I am afraid you do not have a valid ground to claim this money back unless you had agreed with your wife that she would repay the money to you in the event you were to separate from her.

Sorry, the presumption is that you gifted this money to her unless you can show that you had an agreement as above.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you