How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British citizen born of British parents although my

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen born of British parents although my parents have always lived and worked overseas. My Mother is 90 years old and living in Canada. My younger sister has been caring at home. She (my sister) is now having chemotherapy and radiotherapy and is unable to care Mother. Before Christmas Mum was admitted into a State run care home. There was no choice, we had to take whatever was offered. The home is half an hour down a highway from my sister and the care is very poor. Would I be allowed to bring Mum into England and put her on a waiting list State run home close to me in Northamptonshire?


As a British Citizen, your mother is free to live in the UK without any restriction.

You may bring her over here and put her on the waiting list.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you