How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

. I'm living in a rented house and one of the tenants

This answer was rated:

. I'm living in a rented house and one of the tenants is harrasing me and stress me out. He wants me to live the house with no reason , wants to change the lookers and cut me off from the internet. I'm a 50 years old suffering with high blood pressure and heart problems. I paid the rent and all the bills , no disturbing . please help me or give me an advice what I should do, I'm not feeling very well . Thank you kindlly. RITA SOLOSI
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the Landlord please?

no because the lanlord is away , coming back in summer sometimes

Alex Watts : Is the property managed by an agent?

yes sir , but I don't know the agency because I rented straight from this man , advertising on line

Alex Watts : have you reported it to the police?

I'm living years here , people coming going because of him

Alex Watts : i understand

no , that's why I 'm asking , Idon't know my rights in this situation

Alex Watts : I would first complain to the police as this could be harassment
Alex Watts : Thun
Alex Watts : This is where a party causes alarm, harassment or distress.
Alex Watts : So you should contact the police. They can go round and warn the person.
Alex Watts : They can't cut off the internet, they can't change the locks etx.
Alex Watts : If the police warn him and he continues then they can proscute

he got the right to change the looks of the doors?

Alex Watts : if you go the police this is a free option and saves you going to county couty.
Alex Watts : court
Alex Watts : No he can't change the locks, only the landlord can.
Alex Watts : If he does change the locks you are entitled to a key.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?

thank you anyway

Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else?

I'don't know really sir ,I'm not feeling well past two days , so... I'm very stressed and scared as well ,

Alex Watts : Indeed, go to the police they should be able to sort it .
Alex Watts : all it may need is a quiet word from them to resolve it

ok Thank you

Alex Watts : thank you, ***** ***** could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply


Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you