How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35046
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

how do i go about getting advice to cover managing my husbands

This answer was rated:

how do i go about getting advice to cover managing my husbands finances,and myself.
also our property is in my name, what happens to that when i die

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain what you are trying to achieve please as I am a little unclear
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just want to put things in order, as power of attorney, my husband is in poor health and is very forgetful when it comes to remembering his bank pin number when he wants money out,I have to do this which sometimes causes problems.


That is fine - does your husband still actually have Mental Capacity - would his doctor be willing to confirm that he understands what is happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Is there any other family member who you would wish to deal with matters on your behalf if need be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is my second marriage and I have Jason who lives and works in the USA,he will take over things as soon as he can,I also have a stepson. Who lives locally, and is very honest and reliable, these are my two options



Then I suggest you arrange to have Lasting Powers of Attorney drawn up of you - with you and your stepson named husband and your son and stepson so that you can be sure that there will be cover no matter what.
The forms you need are here
I know they look daunting but if you print them out and just deal with each question one by one you will be surprised at how relatively simple they are once you get past the language - and you can always ask me about that.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you