How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Dear Expert, I have had a terrible time with &Q. From October

Customer Question

Dear Expert, I have had a terrible time with B&Q. From October 2014 up until January 2015 They continuously failed to send the correct parts to instal my kitchen. In addition they sent me used parts which they subsequently removed from the bill.After investigation of the situation they offered me £500. I declined their offer as I had a far greater loss of earnings while I had no kitchen because a) I am a foster carer who had to decline children because I had no kitchen and b)because the kitchen fitters came daily and could not complete work because they did not have the correct equipment because B&Q had failed to deliver it. As I declined they have closed the case. Today I attempted to accept their offer as I am very tired and burnt out over this situation and I still have no kitchen. Even this is proving difficult as they have now closed the case. What do you suggest I do now
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Nicola,

I have accepted the offer can I continue with the fight and still take it further. I really felt pressured and needed the money because I havent been able to accept work. I feel if I do not persue this they will be getting away with gross misconduct

Valerie Hamilton

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .
Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: