How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If a company runs a website called (this is an example)

This answer was rated:

If a company runs a website called (this is an example) and a search of the nominet database lists him as with an address leaving no admission to it being a limited company either on the nominet database or on the website contact details can you file a claim against the company with the information you have or can they reject the claim because you didn't address it to the correct legal personality because they are in fact a limited company but did not reveal it anywhere to inform you of that fact?

It is up to the claimant to ensure that the claim is brought against the correct legal entity.

The claimant may ask the court to substitute the name of the defendant to include the word Limited, see here:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you