How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

copyright. , I have recorded a book and I sent

Customer Question

copyright. , I have recorded a book and I sent it to the publisher in the United States. The publisher gave me the wrong address and now the package is lost. They cannot find it at the wrong address and there is no record of the person who signed .
The publisher said they will pay cost to get another copy there. Am I entitled to any other compensation because anyone could upload the recordings and sell them. The publishers said no one would do that and I said you never no what could happen.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you question.
You can't claim compensation that hasn't yet happened.
In addition to that if someone does steal the recording and attempts to use it themselves, that is not something that the publisher could be held responsible for, in the same way that if a knife went missing in the post and the eventual recipient used it to murder someone, a person who had provided the wrong address wouldn't be responsible .
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.