How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am a member of Community Centre Committee, we had a water

Customer Question

I am a member of Community Centre Committee, we had a water leak in the yard of community centre between the water meter & outside wall of community centre. We contacted our insurance company & they confirmed we were covered by insurance. Work was completed but unfortunately insurance company have now said they will not cover as leak was in yard & not inside the building. Can you please advise what we should do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
What does your insurance policy say about indemnifying you leak? Does it state that the leak should only be in the building to be covered under the policy?