How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My wife is a non EU citizen. She applied FLR (M) visa

Customer Question

My wife is a non EU citizen. She applied FLR (M) visa in May last year. She is my full time carer. We did not meet the financial threshold. I am disabled and received PIP first time a week ago. I applied before my wife made her visa application. When we were rejected first time round we applied to appeal. We could not provide evidence at the time to show I was entitled to PIP. We have had leave to appeal rejected. What do we do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

She may apply leave to remain in the UK using form FLR(O), such an application is based on Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (right to private/family life).

She may also request fee waiver on human rights grounds. See the form here:

Form FLR(O) appears here:

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can she apply O despite her passport being held by UKVI and her current UK visa having expired after she applied M?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, she may apply using form FLR(O) and explain that her passport is with UKVI. It does not matter that her visa has expired.

Discretionary leave is just that, discretionary.

All the best