How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10734
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I live in England my son and his family live in Iom.My estate

This answer was rated:

I live in England my son and his family live in Iom.My estate will not be sublect to inheritance tax. My son is my only beneficiary. Will he be subject to paying an extra tax? He has been living in Iom years.
and thanks Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Inheritance Tax is only payable under the law of the land in which a deceased dies. Therefore, provided your Estate is under the English Inheritance tax threshold, your Son will not have any extra tax to pay.
I hope this assists and clarifies the position to you.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks verymuch. That certainly clarifies the issue.

No worries! Thanks.
If you are happy with my Answer, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Kind Regards