How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband has 3 children from a previous marriage The eldest

Customer Question

My husband has 3 children from a previous marriage
The eldest is 21 ,19 and youngest will be 18 in August
There is abuse in our marriage and I think I will have to divorce him
We have no children together
I have contributed to the business and paid 60 thousand towards our house .
If I divorce him are the children taken in to account
Where would I stand financialy ? In the divorce
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you lived together and what income do you each have?
What is the value of any other assets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't really thought about your questions could you please help with mine it's very early days
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

I do understand - but without those details I cannot give you ant guide as to the financial outcome
Best guesses will do