How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

problems at school

Customer Question

two parents at my 7 year old daughter's school have developed an extreme dislike of me (I have no idea of the reason ) and they are using their children to target my daughter in an unkind and often cruel way as a means of getting at me. The school has been totally unsupportive and refuses to do anything because it involves parents - they seem to ignore the fact that a child in their care is distressed by all this. On the odd occasion when the school has done something i.e. giving my daughter and one of their children special tasks to carry out together (as a means of fostering a friendship) - it has backfired, because it has just caused the parent who dislikes me to encourage their child to target my daughter even more. Apart from the bother with these particular children, my daughter has been very happy at the school and is doing very well academically, but I feel this situation will never resolve itself without intervention from the school and there fore I have no choice, but to move my daughter to a new school. I feel that I have been forced out of the school, because the headteacher and governing body refuse to do anything - do I have grounds to sue them in the care of my daughter and causing unecessary disruption to her education?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am really sorry but there is no claim at all here.
Apart from anything else, disruption of education is not a tort in law. It might form the basis of a complaint to the Local Authority where it can be shown but you cannot sue and claim compensation.
Sadly, there is no point in complaining to the Local Authority. This involves the conduct of parents. Schools do not have any control over parents. If the children are misbehaving and it actually amounts to bullying as opposed to just being unpleasant then that falls within the school's remit but it would appear they are acting to deal with that.
I am sorry but I'm afraid that this is just plain not either an offence of a civil wrong.
Can I clarify anything ?