the agent canceled the contract but landlord doesn't

the agent canceled the contract but landlord doesn't want to give us first month rent.we don't live at the property we gave the key.what should we do?
Alex Watts :

and thanks me.

Alex Watts :

How much are you owed?

Customer: £1850 but we already transferred this money .they give us back the deposit but not the rent
Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer: No tks