How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Separated from my partner whom I have two children with in

Customer Question

Separated from my partner whom I have two children with in cornwall. Our mortgaged home is in Bedfordshire which his sister is renting from us. I need to release my equity to move on and he refuses to sell...please advise where I stand. He earns considerably less than me and making accusations that I put my job first and he will take my children off me.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
- you are both living separately in Cornwall?
How old are the children and how is their care shared between you.
What are the terms of the tenancy on the jointly owned property?