How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my name is ***** ***** i have a problem with the house

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i have a problem with the house benefits, i been kick out from benefit house, and they put me to pay £4,949.71 accommodation and they put me on the court because i didn't pay that money because i cant pay that money because is too much
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know what the reason you had a benefit overpayment ?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

i don't know from when, may be when i been to the housing solution, cedar wood house, 2d fulbourne road, walthamstow and i told them that my partner is not worlking time he is unemployed , they ask me documents from when he stop the work everything i show them, then they stop my housing benefit they didn't tell me why

Alex Watts : Didn't you appeal the decision?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

not because I knew where I do challenge, no one said anything

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

i want to have an apoiment to discourse the problem face to face to give you more information and show you what letters what they send me

Alex Watts : When was the decision made? You would have been written to.
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

from 28/01/15 they send me the letter with the decision,

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

yesterday they send me the letter

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

it said the final warning of court action- meeting 5/02/15 February at 10:30

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

i don't what to do they maind kick me out from the house , and i have three children

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

can you help me

Alex Watts : Ok. What is the basis of overpayment it should say?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

£5000 i think

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

they put me to pay that money

Alex Watts : But what was the reason? Had you failed to declare a change in circumstances ?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

they didn't said the reason why

Alex Watts : Did you fail to declare a change ?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

no because they close my housing benefit

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to write and formally appeal. You may need to see citizens advice .
Alex Watts : The matter will be listed hearing before an independent tribunal.
Alex Watts : They will consider what you say and the council say to see what you both day.
Alex Watts : say
Alex Watts : The tribunal will then decide. This is a free service.
Alex Watts : But you should appeal.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

ok, where do i need to go, where i can contact an advice. on the back of the letter i have, application to appeal against court hearning application, and i dont know what to do with it.

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

yes can you contact me please *********** i really need your help if you can help me with this

Alex Watts : You need to see a solicitor about the court matter if you have a summons
Alex Watts : But the appeal just see the citizens advice.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

ok, can you give me a solicitor or a citizens advice

Alex Watts : Where are you based?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

dagenham east

JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

i leave in dagenham east but the housing benefit is in walthamstow

Alex Watts : Barking and Dagenham Citizens Advice Bureaux -
Alex Watts : Milner -(###) ###-####0940
Alex Watts : Isaac -(###) ###-####2992
Alex Watts : Does that help ?
JACUSTOMER-6773phtx- :

yes thank

Alex Watts : Great, can I ask you to rate my answer before you today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply