How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Gents, I hope that you can help. My son bought a car several

Customer Question

I hope that you can help. My son bought a car several months ago with a months warranty. Just before the warranty ended a problem developed with the car and the garage were informed. The car was returned to the garage and they stated that it was now repaired. A few weeks past and the problem returned. The garage was again informed hence they came and picked up the car and stated that they would be using a different garage. They had the car four weeks during which we had a horrendous time trying to find out what was happening. They eventually said that they had to replace the turbo at a cost of £2000 that they paid. The car was returned and you have guessed it the problem has now returned.
They were informed and they instructed my son to take it to the local Ford dealer so that they could carry out a diagnostic test on it to identify the problem. The result being that the engine has been damaged by the turbo. We were informed that the car would be picked up today with a courtesy car being made available and following numerous calls by members of my family we are still waiting. My son is loosing the will to live. Could you please tell me what options he has, if any.
I would be grateful help
Mick Foister
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know what is it you want to achieve ?
JACUSTOMER-wmoqi5t4- :

If they do not repair the car to our satisfaction can we ask full refund?

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this today please?