How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Our Housing Association proposes to increase our service charge

Customer Question

Our Housing Association proposes to increase our service charge over 13% this February. This might be acceptable if they carried out their responsibilities as they should. However, Raglan (now Stonewater) have consistently broken their contract to us - this is what the lease agreement says. . .
3. to keep the roof foundations party walls and external parts including external walls and load bearing walls and external doors and windows save the glass in any such doors and windows and the interior surface of the walls ) of the Property and of the Development in good substantial repair and to paint or otherwise treat (as may appropriate) as often as may be necessary in a proper and workmanlike manner and with suitable materials of good quality . . . SOME FLATS HAVE HAD LEAKS THROUGH THE ROOF YEARS - just fixed after reporting to the Council.
8. to keep clean and maintain and when necessary replace carpets floor covering curtains blinds furniture and any other soft furnishing or any washing machines and driers or other things whatsoever use in the Community Centre Guest Rooms Laundry Room or other Common parts. CARPET IS 26 YEARS OLD AND FILTHY.
FURNITURE IS ALSO OLD AND IS NOT FIRE RETARDENT. At our own expense we have replaced 8 chairs, bought curtains and furniture in Residents' lounge and guest room.
Is there anything we can do about this injustice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are having a resident's meeting on Monday 9 February - it would be good to have an answer by then.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


If you are unable to find someone then please refund my money.

kind regards

Audri XXX