My widowed mother died intestate .She has no property to bequeath

My widowed mother died intestate .She has no property to bequeath but she has financial assets , I am one her three children & we are going to process the estate though probate with one of us acting as the representative (grant).My question is does this necessarily result in an equal distribution of the estate & if not who decides.
There are no other next of kin relatives.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Just because only one of you obtains the Letters of Administration does not affect the distribution of the estate.
Under the Intestacy rules the estate has to be divided equally between your mother's children - including any deceased child if that child left children of his or her own
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was a handwritten note left by my mother indicating an unequal

distribution of the estate , does this have any validity .It was not a will

& not witnessed.

It has no validity unless ALL the beneficiaries agree to respect it