How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare I sent a long question about financial contributions

This answer was rated:

Clare I sent a long question about financial contributions but I think it did it come through. Bot***** *****ne is that my 2 girls have not bed sleeping overnight here despite me wanting them too hence why mediation is underway. Meanwhile how can we agree on if I contribute towards maintenance when I have had timings into an unfurnished rental with much expense plus I have bought the girls beds clothes etc?

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is all simple as we do not own the house we rent and have no combined assets except a family car worth about 10K.
We both earn about the same income.

I am afraid that child maintenance is a straight assessment based on your gross income - you can find the details here
No allowance can be made fact that you have has the expense of setting up a new home I am afraid
Once the children are with you 50/50 then no Child Maintenance will be payable
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a follow on question please. On the days I am asking to pick up and drop off my children - my husband is insisting that I get a written commitment from my employer that there will be no business meetings. The company cannot provide this assistance. Can he withhold my access based on my inability to say there will be no emergency business situations ?

No that is not reasonable and no court would accept it as a reasonable request