How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10778
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My late fathers will states his property is left in trust to

This answer was rated:

My late fathers will states his property is left in trust to myself with my stepmother having
a life times interest. She is in a nursing home and is nearing the end of her life. Ive been told this is a will trust. My son and daughter and myself are trustees. Can I desolve the trust now and if so, how do I do this. there is no official trust document .
and thanks Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The "Trust" comprises only of the wording in the Will.
There is therefore no magical thing you need to do to end the Trust, as it ends automatically upon the happening of one of the events as mentioned in the Will. In this regard, I am guessing that the Will grants your stepmother the right to remain living there until she dies or voluntarily vacates.
Therefore, on the basis that she has moved out permanently, you and the other Trustees under the Will are now free to sell the property or deal with it in the manner as mentioned in the Will.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes my stepmother will remain in the nursing home till her death. We did purchase another property which is no longer in the trust name, but do I need to tell HMRC who are asking tax return. The property is empty at present.

The property is registered in my sons, daughter and my name.