How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12187
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

how long must i wait to get a redundancy paymaent?

This answer was rated:

how long must i wait to get a redundancy paymaent?
Thank you question.
Your employer is responsible a statutory redundancy payment to you on, or soon after, the date your employment ends, typically at the next pay cycle. If payment isn't made you have the right to go to a tribunal. If your employer ceases trading and is insolvent, you make a claim to the government.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My employer has ceased trading but has not gone insolvent I was made redundant on the 5th January 2015 my pay cycle was weekly so by rights he should of paid me already am i right by saying this ? so if he does not pay me my redundancy within the next week i should take him to a tribunal, and should he have given me my p45 on the 5th of January or should i wait to receive it when he pays me my redundancy will this make any differance

Kind Regards *****

It should already have been paid, yes and you should have been issued with a P45. If your employer has stopped trading but is not insolvent, write to your employer claiming your statutory redundancy pay. If your employer doesn't make the payment, you can make a claim to an employment tribunal. You must do this within six months of the date your employment ends.
If an employment tribunal decides that you have the right to statutory redundancy pay but your employer still doesn't pay it, you can make an application to the National Insurance Fund redundancy payment.
JGM and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you