How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I was stopped by police I had no insurance on my car.They fill

This answer was rated:

I was stopped by police I had no insurance on my car.They fill in the ticket but they did not give me.And they let go.They me why I am not wearing glass.I said I dont wear for driving . when they put the my car detail in threr computor it says I sould be wearing it .It says on my computor.Please give me advce. Thank you much

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


If they didn't give you the fixed penalty notice did they say what they would do?

JACUSTOMER-earii2o3- :

All they said to me is ring the insurance to find out if am insured and ring DVLA for glass and he let go.

JACUSTOMER-earii2o3- :

I am still waiting for reply

LondonlawyerJ and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Have they required you to produce documents (DVL, insurance etc.) at a police station or did they say you would be sent a notice of intended prosecution?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They ask me which police station is nearest to my house.I replied lower earley Reading

They may have given you a "producer" ie a notice requiring you to produce your DVL and insurance documents at your local police station. Did they do this? If so you are under a duty to produce your documents.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now I have insuranced my car can drive my car

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No they have not given me a "producer" notice to produce documents at my local police station.

If you didn't have insurance at the time then it may well be that you will receive a Notice of intended prosecution or a summons to court. You will need to admit the offence (the only defence if it is a work car and you believed your employers had paid your insurance) and pay the fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is my car .I have insuared my cars last ten years and more.with this company If I dont replie then they atomatical renew my policy.But this time they didnt do it. What I do.

I am afraid that is not a defence. You will need to admit the offence. It is very good mitigation though.