How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner is a drug addict, allegedly going through rehab,

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is a drug addict, allegedly going through rehab, he has been involved in some filming regarding the above, I have full custody of our son and he is only allowed to see him when his mother is present. I have found out over the weekend he has involved my son in some kind of filming that is to be shown in our local cinema, this film will involve people with drug addiction/ recovery ????. I categorically do not want my son involved in any public film which involves such people he is 5 years old. My ex partner left him alone to seek drugs, he can only see him as stated when his Mother is present??? Please advise can he do this without my consent, his name is ***** ***** birth certificate but he lives with me full- time. HELP

Thank you question.

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there actually a court order relating to the Residence of the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No but I have been to a solicitor and via a solicitor we have specified that Mac is not to be left alone with him and up to now he has adhered to my wishes. His father left him on his own to go and get drugs. I only allow him to see him as stated if his mother is present. All the above has been sent in a letter from solicitor, if he would not agree then we were going order but up to now he has complied.

How did the filming happen if the father is not alone with the child?
Is the father named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
His Mother was with him, yes he is named on birth cert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a frustratingly slow process

My apologies delay
Then I am afraid that he has Parental Responsibility child just as you do - and was entitled to consent to the filming
Your best way forward is to put pressure on the film company by pointing out that the child lives with you and his father has restricted contact. This should worry them and the finer points of Parental Responsibility may well pass them by.
If need be you could mention applying Order preventing the use of the film - but do not shout too loudly as that would not be the easiest of applications to make successfully
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you