How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71128
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am interested in a property that I truly feel is over priced.

This answer was rated:

I am interested in a property that I truly feel is over priced. Can you have a separate valuation done before you put in an offer?
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Is this a residential property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes its a new house that is one of two detached properties that have been lying vacant 8 years as the builder had no planning permission. He now has obtained planning and wants to sell the houses through an agent. The fittings within are basic , re-pointing is required on the outside walls,there is no garden front or back and there is a retaining wall to the rear .

There is no reason why you cannot do this. If you want to get an internal viewing purposes you will obviously need the seller’s consent and if he will not grant that, then it must raise suspicion.

Most valuers will also do what is known as a basic “drive-by valuation” which is where they simply walk around outside. However you then don’t know what the condition of the inside is like.

If you require a mortgage, the mortgage company valuer would require access to the inside anyway.

If you do not need mortgage and seller will not allow you to go around the inside valuation purposes from the property.

Remember that you can put any offering you like and it is not binding until such time as you exchange contracts.

Can I clarify anything ?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you