How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12185
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

A colleague is a 40% shareholder and sole Director. He wants

This answer was rated:

A colleague is a 40% shareholder and sole Director. He wants to resign and walk away, there is an o/s debt that prob will need to be settled. Can he just resign and walk away.?
Thank you question.
He can do so provided that he has not signed a personal guarantee debt. If he has, he is personally liable debt if the company doesn't pay it. If there is no personal guarantee he can resign and walk away.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much - will Companies House eventually strike off & wont he be breaking Co House rules.?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.