How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

. I have received the acknowledgement of service divorce

This answer was rated:

. I have received the acknowledgement of service divorce (I am the respondent). We are doing it on the basis of two years separation. We agreed all financials (via lawyers) when we split and intend to use that info consent order. But I don't know how to answer question 6 'in the event of decree nisi being granted....' It was a clean break, and I am not claiming on his pension or anything like that. We have 1 child and he pays maintenance based on CSA guidelines. In the divorce petition it says he is asking financial order (I assume consent order). Do I reply yes or no to question 6?

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is fine to say no to that question.
A Yes would indicate that you wished to hold up the divorce whilst finances were sorted!
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. Can you confirm in what circumstances someone would answer 'yes'?

If you agreed to the divorce but some work was still needed on the finances!
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you