How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I an due in court in May 2015 I am trying to find a solicitor

Customer Question

I an due in court in May 2015 I am trying to find a solicitor but most of the solicitors are asking for more than £1,000 up front I don't have that sort of money.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What are you in court for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My X partner wants access to my son at the weekends. But when my son is stays with his dad he lets him go to bed when he wants. His school work has suffered. I asked the school if they could put it in writing the number of times I have been in school but they don't have anything on record. The school is telling me it is against there policy.

He is also an heavy smoker as I have taken my son to the doctors on numerous ocassions the doctor said if his dad carries on smoking my son will be asthmatic.

I should of received Mr Hall's statement on the 5.1.15. But because I have got on one to represent me. I am not sure what the next step is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I rate your answer please? Jo

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and what is the current pattern of contact?