How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been very stupid and not informed the department of

Customer Question

I have been very stupid and not informed the department of works and pension I had received my works pension in 2013 I am worried because I will get my state pension in March 2015 also. I care for my disabled husband and we get housing benefit and council tax paid. I am worried about the amount we must have to pay back and if I could be sent to prison for fraud I am a 62 year old women and my husband is 63
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not no what to do next, do I go to the DWP and inform them I have not informed them of my change in circumtances or wait for then to contact me really concerned about the amount of money we will have to pay back plus perhaps a jail sentence for fraud

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
How much do you get?