How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12187
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

, I am a self employed builder in Devon

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am a self employed builder in Devon
My name is*****
I had a client who insisted I accepted payment via paypal
I agreed to this as a one off normally using bank transfer
She told paypal she had not received goods from me
Well it was a service I built a porch
Paypal tried to contact me via an old email address as they failed to reach me I knew nothing of the matter so they refunded her £1600.00 approx.
Now they have called me to pay them that amount
Ms S Turnbull did receive the materials and labour in question to more than that value
I have all receipts and delivery proof
As the project went on although they where happy with the work it was 90% completed
they failed to pay the agreed stage payment for me to continue and then hired another builder to complete the job
She has falsely re claimed the funds
What can I do
Thank you for your question.
1. You sue the customer for the outstanding balance due to you.
2. You exhibit to Paypal all the evidence of the work done for her and you make it clear to Paypal that you won't be paying them for refunding her as they did so without examining the facts properly. The customer is in breach of contract, not you.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello thank you for your help

Should I write to her first asking for payment ?


Yes, or better still get your solicitor to do so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks

Have a great day

Paul x

Thank you, ***** *****