How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

there, I have been in UK since August 2006! I

Customer Question

Hi there, I have been in UK since August 2006! I initially arrived here on a student visa and kept extending it till May 2013. In April 2013 I got married to an EEA National and in May 13 I applied for a five years EEA visa. I was granted a five years visa in July 2013. I am currently separated with my wife (NOT divorced). I complete my 10 years of legal stay in UK in August 2016, which technically makes me illegible to apply for a Permanent Residence or ILR! My questions:

1- Do my three years (once I complete them) on the EEA visa count on my 10 years legal residency?

2- What are my options here? What is best course of action in this case?!

Looking forward to hear from you Oni

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel the question and refund me!