How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My Daughter and her boyfriend married in Memphis Tennessee

This answer was rated:

My Daughter and her boyfriend married in Memphis Tennessee (Graceland) in Aug 2007. They have a certificate from the Memphis council. They never registered it here in the UK. They are now separating and my daughter wants to know if she will still need to Divorce?
Thank you for your question.
The marriage in Memphis is valid and recognised in the UK and, therefore, she will need to produce the marriage certificate and go through the divorce.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you