How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My grandson and his partner noticed bruise like markings on

Customer Question

My grandson and his partner noticed bruise like markings on their 8 week old baby. They took him to the hospital, the medical staff have contacted social services and they have been instructed to hand over their daughter of 23 months. they are banned from the hospital. What should we do now? They wanted help because they are caring parents not false accusations
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is very hard but the first thing to do is to try and get them to sleep tonight as it is going to be a very long week and they need to remember to eat and sleep - they wont so you have to remember fro them.
First thing tomorrow they need to find a solicitor who deals with Care cases.
They can find one on the website here
You may also find this group useful
It would also be sensible for you to start considering the family history for any illnesses that could cause such bruising, and a detailed timeline of the last eight weeks
Please ask if you need more assistance