How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do I find out what criminal record is registered to me

This answer was rated:

How do I find out what criminal record is registered to me
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Could you please explain is this for you or an employer?

It is for my own use. I am applying for a fire arms certificate and need to put any convections I have on the application form including any motoring convections. As it is many years since I have had any issues with the Law I simply cannot remember the dates or convictions I do have. Let me know how we can progress with finding this information so I can complete my application to obtain a firearms certificate. I do meet all other criteria.

Alex Watts :

You can get a DBS check yourself.

Alex Watts :

Please go to:

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Its less than £46 for a basic check

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


I spoke with the people who do the DBS and they said I cannot do the check on myself but should get a company to do it for me. Can you help as this is now becomming very frustrating.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you