How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mothers house sale is very close to exchange but the other

Customer Question

My mothers house sale is very close to exchange but the other sides solicitor have asked for evidence of her mental capacity
i am clear that she wants to sell (to fund her current care home fees and for other reasons). however, as the sale has progressed she has been diagnosed with mild dementia. i am therefore uncertain whether we can provide this evidence now and do not want any chance, however, remote of legal challenge.
can i apply to court of protection on an emergency basis and if so how long would it take? any other options?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Just so I am 100% clear, I take it that your Mother is selling in her own capacity, as opposed to you selling the property as her Attorney?

(I must say it is not usual for a Buyers Solicitor to query the capacaity of a Seller).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards