How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a judgement where a high court judge stated that

Customer Question

Hi I have a judgement where a high court judge stated that my ex partners pension should be securred for me against costs .my ex has failed on his 50th birthday to sign this over , he has now reached is 55th birthday and has paid no maintenance for over 10 yrs for our 2 children and not a penny towards my costs of over 150,000 . This prudential pension was valued in 2007 at 59,000 and was securred by my then barrister .I tried to get him to sign it over 5 yrs ago but due to my finances i defended myself -this was a disaster as the original trial judge Dame Justice Macur was not able to hear the case and i was missing her original judgement !
What steps should i take now -i have the original judgement and pension policy number.
My original solicitors have qouted in excess of 5k to sort this -i simply cant afford this.My ex is notorious for not responding to anything and was described in the jugement as dishonest.
Kind regards
***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the exact wording of the Order?