How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49814
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

i work fr the NHS I have been redeployed pending an investigation

This answer was rated:

i work fr the NHS I have been redeployed pending an investigation into myself. I was redeployed on the 01/06/14. to date after repeated requests to the H/R department via e-mail and in person I have received no communication from anyone. I seem to be getting no where with them. I mean I have received nothing in the nine months from commencement of this issue. my union is of no use as they seem to not take my distress of this situation not been resolved serious. what can I do ???
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

i have worked for the trust for 14 years


i have not recieved an answer yet

Ben Jones :

Hi, I am afraid I was offline by the time you had replied and have only just come back on.

I presume that redeployment was something the employer could do under your contract whilst dealing with allegations against you and whilst they investigate these. It would be an alternative to suspending someone on full pay for the same reasons.

During this time the employer would usually be required to keep you updated on the situation and whilst they may not be expected to divulge details of what they have found, the least they could do is advise you that the investigation is still ongoing. However, to give you no information at all is rather unprofessional and can be a breach of trust and confidence on their part.

In the first instance you can take the matter further by making a formal complaint through the internal grievance procedure. The matter should be looked at officially and a formal process followed to investigate it. You can appeal the decision if you are unhappy with it.

After the grievance procedure has been exhausted then you are only really looking at resigning and claiming constructive dismissal. As you can imagine that is a rather risky decision so only go down that route if you believe that you can no longer continue working there as a result of this and because the employer has still failed to deal with the matter in a reasonable manner. However, it is the only option should your grievance fail and you are unable to get an amicable resolution in any other way.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you


thanks i will make the complaint next week.

Ben Jones : You are welcome, best of luck
Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you