How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife has moved in her boyfriend, he has a criminal record

Customer Question

My wife has moved in her boyfriend, he has a criminal record with 3 lengthy prison sentence one of which was 10years for drug trafficking. We have two boys aged 11 and 9. I am currently living back at my mothers. I don't want him near my boys who live with their mum and this man. He has since threaten me with violence.
We were a great little family I was a successful farmer my wife a hairdresser we lived in a beautiful home in the country. Then she met this person who is much older than us and has destroyed our family. He has since set up "business" in our home. I want him out of our house, I don't want my sons to have any contact with him at all. My wife will not agree. Please what should I instruct my solicitor to do and how can I resolve this nightmare. Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How far has the divorce reached?
Who owns the matrimonial home, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?