How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My boss is Australian and has been got an ancestry visa, his

Customer Question

My boss is Australian and has been got an ancestry visa, his wife is Japanese and children are Australian. They have arrived in the UK and I believe it is appropriate for them to apply under FLR(O)Version 11/2014 "Application for leave to remain in the UK in a category not covered by other forms and a biometric immigration document" to extend their stay. Can you confirm that this is correct?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What application are they intending to make? How long have they been here in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have arrived two days ago and from our understanding they could apply to stay in the UK as a dependant of an ancestry visa holder. They have not entered with a visa as they are Australian and Japanese.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid his wife and children will need to return back to Australia and apply for dependant visas from there. They are not permitted to switch into dependant visas from within the UK and they are very lucky to have been allowed in the country without visas as the visa waiver scheme is only for them if they are visiting the UK for a short period.

If they had declared that they intend to reside in the UK long term, they would have been sent back by UK immigration for arriving here without visas.

May I help further?