How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

, I am on Tier 1 (General) Visa expiring 12 April 2015. My

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am on Tier 1 (General) Visa expiring 12 April 2015. My salary is 29K and I got my Tier 1 (General) visa under rules in place before 6 April 2010. I am eligible for Indefinite Leave to remain under 5 year rule and applying for the same on 16 March 2015 (in-person application) using form "Set(O)". I have got more than required points to qualify for ILR.
I got married on 15 Jan 2015. My wife is on Tier 2 work permit with Rolls Royce and works in Derby and I live and work in London. My wife's visa just got renewed and she has got 3 years remaining on her current work permit visa.
She wants to work in London with different employer but they cannot sponsor her. So she wants to switch from Tier 2 work permit to come on my dependent visa.
My questions are:
Does she need to get entry clearance from India?
Can she apply from inside UK to come on my dependent visa?
Which application form does she need to fill in, if she can apply from inside UK?
Can she apply on 16 March 2015 with me (as I have mentioned above that I am applying for my ILR on 16 March 2015).

Your wife may apply at the same time as you. Her application will be on form FLR(M) as it is premised on you getiing ILR. Both applications may be dealt with at the same time in person. She should make a separate appointment for her application.

Once she receives leave to remain as your spouse, she will be free to change employers without any restriction.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you