How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have taken money from an account, which belongs to the gentleman

This answer was rated:

I have taken money from an account, which belongs to the gentleman whom I work for. It's been reported to Social services, and they have involved the police. The police have been to see me, and during the next few days, will be asking me to go to the local police station to make a statement.
What can you advice me to do ?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
how much have you taken?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure, it was a £100, here and there over the last three years.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't really know, £100 hr here and there over the last three years.

Are you asking what sentence you would face?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't really know what I'm asking, I'm not thinking straight at the moment.

I know what I have done , is really bad and I am very ashamed of it all, it's totally out of my caractor. I have had lots of stressful things going on in the family home, over the last couple of years.

By saying this I am not trying to make excuses,or blame any one else, for my bad behaviour. I'm totally guilty, and ready to hold my hands up,and face what is to happen.

But yes what do you think the out come will be, and will I need to have someone with me ,when I go to the police station, to answer questions.

You do need a solicitor.
It is to be hoped this is a low sum. However, either way this is a vulnerable person and you occupied a high degree of trust so it is a serious offence. It is almost certainly too serious for a caution.
It might be that they cannot prove everything. If there have been repeated withdrawals then it is quite unlikely they could prove every withdrawal was down to you. I wouldn't even think of making any admissions. What until they declare their case and then plead guilty to what they can prove.
I would imagine that it is not likely to be more than £20k but that still places you into the custodial sentence region where the starting point is 18 weeks custody. This is not a walk in the park. Do not go in and hold your hands up unless there is a clear benefit in it for you. You cannot lie but a no comment interview is golden.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at the moment, thank you for your help.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile