How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Non eaa national married partner eea national relationship

Customer Question

Non eaa national married partner eea national relationship broke down after 3.5 years but still married as eea national left and not in touch so what do I need to do in order to apply for a permanent residance


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Was your partner working for the last 3 years of your relationship? do you have any of their papers or payslips or know what their NI number is?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

Yeah she was working and I got ni and old payslip too and other documents such as bank statements and Bill

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I am waiting for the answer help me out plz

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I apologise for the delay in reverting back to you.
What you need to do is apply for retained rights of residence, you need to submit all her employment information and evidence of you and your partner residing together for the last 3.5 years in the UK. You need to submit tenancy agreements, letters in join or single names going to the same address, photographs etc to confirm you were residing with your partner in the UK.
The form you require is:
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards