How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10773
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My husband died in 2013 without a will my solicitor who was

This answer was rated:

My husband died in 2013 without a will my solicitor who was handling the probate went bankrupt I was given the address of one of the solicitors dealing with the matter last July they said they would send out a letter with there terms which has still not arrived and I have phoned on numerous occasions.
The first solicitor had cheques and bank accounts which amounted to app £20,000 I have been unable to trace this money or papers ect .
I have no spare cash at present so am unable to hire a new solicitor can you please give me some advice on this matter.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Would you be prepared to disclose the name of your old Solicitors firm and the new Firm so I can answer you fully?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My solicitor was Swinburne and Jackson Hexham branch. The solicitor now is ***** ***** in Newcastle I also emailed *****@******.*** many times with no answere

Thanks Linda,
I'll be back in touch in a few minutes.
Kind Regards
Hi Linda,
I have now looked into matters for you.
The information from the Law Society confirms that ***** ***** is dealing with the outstanding Probate cases- e-mail***@******.*** or call 0191(###) ###-####
I therefor suggest that you phone them one more time, and if you do not have any joy, you will have to make a formal complaint-
So, phone them again and asked to be put through to the Complaints Partner. (I am sure you will then get a response). You can then explain your frustration and they will then have to follow their complaints procedure.
Only once you have made a formal complaint, can you then get in touch with the Legal Ombudsman and make a complaint to them. This is the body which deals with consumers complaints against Solicitors. They can be contacted on 0300(###) ###-####
I would hope that you get a satisfactory response from the Complaints Partner at ***** *****, and if you mention you will approach the Legal Ombudsman if you do not get a satisfactory outcome, I am sure he will do all he can to resolve the delay.
I hope this helps and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Many thanks I will try this and see what happens


Thanks Linda.
If you are happy with my Answer, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Good luck.
Kind Regards