How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71268
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

harassment I have recently move to a new area and am being

This answer was rated:

harassment I have recently move to a new area and am being harassed over boundary issues. One neighbour  has made a false police complaint against me re an unrelated problem-what can i do. I am anxious about going out of the house with my family and fell police will treat me unfairly if they were called out again they will believe the offenders what can i do

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure if third parties can see my details on here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Following a false complaint by intruders in my garden I was interviewed by the police . they have asked me not to contact the victims(intruders who were hunting and had a gun!) I am concerned that these people might return and if they made a false complaint to the police they will come and get me. I have kind of locked myself indoors over next 2weeks

Ok. I understand.
So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my house backs onto fields which are owned by the farmer .

There are unresolved boundary issues which will be dealt via a solicitor.

I have carried out a survey they haven't but they now don't accept the survey.

Following my questioning the neighbour next door has now called the police stating that I removed there trees(small plants) . They were hoping to get me arrested but the police refused saying this is a civil matter and they need to carry out their own survey. In the past both neighbours have been warned by police from contacting me or my family as they have been threatening and intimidating.

I feel helpless that police questioned me and detained me at length without any evidence and soon as i have returned the neighbour next door who i haven't spoken to has called the police by making false complaints(plants were on my land , there is no fence or boundary), anyway I am safe from police and intruders for now but unsure if i can prevent these people from contacting me, I am happy to use a solicitor for a fee if you can help

Ok. I understand the facts.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry to be so non specific

Is it possible to prevent contact with these people-they turn up at my front door and walk in my garden

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont intend to see them or have anything to do with them but they have promised to make my life a misery and are succeeding. Due to my race and colour and dealing with police recently I don't have trust that they will do anything to verify if neighbours were to make further false complaints about me. How do I take legal action for harassment

Yes, you could seek an injunction from the county court preventing them from coming onto your property. I presume they have no good reason to be there.
You do need to show that they are taking some unlawful action when there but trespass would probably be sufficient.
One false report is not sufficient but if they continue to make them then you could sue in harassment. There is very helpful case law on that point now. You could get a solicitor to write to them warning of the risk of the laws of defamation and harassment though. That is often very effective to deter a vexatious accuser.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to write to them on my behalf.I am happy to pay fees, if not I do understand.

Thank you for the time I greatly appreciate your help


I am not allowed to write letters directly under the rules of this site but if you contact either here
or here
then there will be somebody who can do it under public access.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you excellent

No problem.
All the best.