How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A young person I know has just come of age to inherit money

This answer was rated:

A young person I know has just come of age to inherit money his grandmother left him.
However it transpires that the legal firm appointed to oversee this as Trustees has pocketed
it all.They have been reluctant to part with any information, justify any of their so called
'expenses' and the young person concerned has been fobbed off for 6 months so far with his questions remaining unanswered. THe effect has been devastating.
What recourse is this young person have and how can he report the firm for malpractice?

The young person may report the firm to the regulator, Solicitors Regulation Authority as well as the Legal Ombudsman for investigation. However, he should first lodge a formal complaint with the firm about this.

The procedure for reporting the firm to the SRA is here:

Legal Ombudsman process is here:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you