How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I live on an Estate of houses, of which some are

This answer was rated:

I live on an Estate of houses, of which some are housing association (Peabody) and some are privately owned freehold houses as is mine, which was purchased from the Peabody trust. I am charged a yearly service charge. Recently I have been informed that works are to be carried out on the estate And my proportion of the cost would be £4000. And that the amounts due would be payable 28 days after the final invoice has been issued.
Can you clarify whether these cost should be part of my service charge?
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The service charges will be dealt with, almost certainly, in the contract for sale of your property, rather than under the general law. If you still have those documents you will need to look them up and see what they say.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you