How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

i left Uk with a small debt 12 years ago in credit card...i

This answer was rated:

i left Uk with a small debt 12 years ago in credit card...i think around 150 pounds...
within these years i forgot completely about it ..and now i m coming back for a business there any possibility i am in trouble..meaning airport authorities etc...???
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
The UK Border Agency does not monitor county court judgments if you are entering the UK on a temporary basis. This will not be dealt with as a criminal matter, it is a civil matter at worst and therefore all the company could have done is sought a court order ordering payment in your absence.
If you have not received a demand for this money in the last 6 years, then the company that you owe it to might statute barred from claiming it under the Limitation Act 1980.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer..No need to worry then....However is this debt probably still valid...i mean is there a chance that interests are being charged every year? i changed adress during the last years so there is no way i know if i have any notice....