How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

.At the moment me and my boyfriend living in a shared

Customer Question

At the moment me and my boyfriend living in a shared house with 5 rooms and 11 people.
My boyfriend Murat is working 12h a day with just 1 day off wich means he s almost never home.
In one of the rooms staying couple with a small child. Once the lady met my boyfriend in the kitchen when he just walked in from work at night and asked if he has used his tea bag. Murat explained that he just walked in and he is the last person to be using anything as he is never home. He already noticed before not very nice vibes from her towards him for no reason. After weeks later i went to the kitchen and found a note hanging on the wall with a knife(!!!) stick on it saying in a rude way that he has been using her knife for the second time etc. I was in a shock as it looked like treathening note and so abusive.My boyfriend was still at home so he came and we knocked the door to speak to the lady. She wasnt at home and we spoke to her husband who said he doesnt know anything about it. We told him that first of all my boyfriend was not using the knife but even if she tought he is, she should aproach me or him and ask that not making this assumption and hanging a knife for someone its unbelievable. My boyfriend is never home but i have to see her every day and i feel very uncomfortable. I do want to complain to police about it as i found it very abusive.I told her husband that i expect apology to my boyfriend but she does not care to appologize.
Could you tell me please if anything can be done in this situation?
P. s Also i dont understand how couple with a child can stay in 1 room..i dont think is legal but it is another story.
Thank you,
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am sorry but these do not amount to criminal offences. Therefore the police will not be able to assist you with this. It is a civil matter between you and her to resolve.
The knife was within a kitchen so not in a public place and therefore not an offensive weapon.
I'm very sorry but that is your position I'm afraid.
Can I clarify anything for you?